Manjeri PS Cr.279/2018 U/S 419, 420, 465, 468, 471, 120(B) r/w 34 IPC and Sec.66(C), 66(D) & 74 of the Information Technology Act & 14(a), 14(b) of Foreigners Act (Cyber Cheating)
The Manjeri Police succeeded in arresting five notorious criminals who were the master brains behind the hi-tech online shopping fraud case registered at Manjeri Police station in Cr.279/2018 U/S 419, 420, 465, 467, 468, 471, 120(B) r/w 34 IPC and Sec. 66(C), 66(D), 74 of the Information Technology Act and Sec. 14(a), 14(b) of Foreigners Act. Among the accused two are from Cameroon, one from Nigeria and two from the state of Rajasthan. The arrests were made based on the complaint lodged by a whole sale medicine trader in Manjeri.
The brief of the case is that, the accused had published online advertisements regarding the sale of various products on discounted rate and they cheated customers by not delivering products. The accused were technical experts and they managed to misguide the customers by professionally deal them through different communication. They make the fake websites of various companies to cheat people through online shopping. They used to convince customers by providing fake license and documents of the product. They used virtual numbers and fake IDs for the operation.
Details of Accused:
1) Akumbe Boma Njiwah- aged 28 years, S/O Nwakum Mathias, N.W. Region, Cameroon
2) Langji Kilian Keng- aged 27 years, S/O Langji Alfred, N.W. Region, Cameroon
3) Mukesh Chhipa- aged 50 years, S/O Ram Karan Chhipa, 215, Kumbha Nagar, Chittorgarh, Rajasthan
4) Sandeep Mohindra- aged 41 years, S/O Devendar Mohindra, 188(A), Road Bhopalpura, Udaipur, Rajasthan
5) Idume Charles Onyamaechi- aged 32 years, S/O Idume Vincent, Nigeria
On investigation it is disclosed that many people in Gujarat, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Goa ... were victims of the fraud and have alerted the police in these states on the fraud case. These arrests helped to lead the detection of following cyber cases reported in different states of the country.
1) Goa Cyber PS Cr. 13/2018, 2) Bangalore Cyber PS Cr. 2262/2018, 3) Gujarat Naranpura PS Cr. 185/18, 4) Hyderabad Cyber PS Cr. 264/18, 4) AP Nellore 3 Town PS Cr. 164/2018 5) Thiruvanathapuram Cantonment PS Cr. 1037/18.
The accused persons was arrested by a Special Investigation Team headed by Manjeri Inspector N.B. Shaiju, The team also included N.M. Abdulla Babu (Cyber Forensic Team Member), T.P. Madhusoodanan, K.P. Abdul Azeez, Sasikumar Ambali, M. Sahabin, P. Harilal.