Alappuzha South Police Station
HISTORY OF POLICE STATION - This is very old police station. There are no records available to ascertain the date and year of the opening of police station. Originally it was known as ALLEPPEY POLICE STATION. In 1948 November 28th this station was divided into two as Alleppey South and North Police Station. From that day onwards this station is known as Alleppey South Police Station.
The Police Station jurisdiction covers Alappuzha West Village, Mullakkal Village and Pazhaveedu Village. 27 Wards of Alappuzha Municipality falls within the area. They are Mullakkal, Thirumala, Vazhichery, Beach, ESI, Zacharia, Valiyamaram, Stadium, Valiyakulam, Vattayal, Mullathuvalappu, Kuthirapanthi, Iravukad, Railway Station, Lajnath, Alissery, Civil Station, Pallathuruthy, Santhanapuram,Kalarcode, Kaithavana, Pazhaveedu, Thiruvampady, AN Puram, Municipal Office, Palace, Sea View Ward. The police station has only municipal area in its jurisdiction. The Magisterial jurisdiction of this police station in Alappuzha and northern side of this Police station is Alappuzha north Police station limit, Southern side is Punnapra Police Station limit, Eastern side is the Nedumudy Police Station limit and Western Side is the Arabian Sea.
The Magisterial jurisdiction of this Police Station is Alappuzha and revenue jurisdiction is Ambalappuzha Taluk.