Perumpadappu Police Station
|As per Notification No: H(B)7-20490/57/Home Dept. Gov. of Kerala Trivantdum Dated 5.07.57 Published in page 1418 of Kerala Govt. Gazette No: 28 Dated 09.07.1957. Andathode Station was opened abolishing Mullasseri Police Station. The Station was Housed in road side rended shop in Punayoorkulam Bazar owned by one Sri. K.G. karunakara Menon on a monthly rend of Rupees 1/- per month. Later Sri. K.G. Karunakara Menon constructed a new building. According to rype design furnished by the dept. and endered in to an agriment a rate of renty fixed up by the with S.P, Palakkad to lease out the building to Police Dept. a rate of rent fixed up by Govt. The asst. Engineer, PWD, Shornoor inspected building on 30.01.1958 and the rent at the rate of rupees: 30/- per month was fixed up. The station is shoulded in a new building since 17.01.1958. Sri.T.W.Job was the first Station House officer of Perumpadappu Police Station.
Perumbadappu is a village located in Malappuram district, Kerala state, India. It is situated 15 kilometers south of Ponnani, bordering Thrissur district. Perumbadappu was the original homeland of the Cochin rulers. When the king of Calicut annexed the region, the rulers of Permbadappu fled to Cranganore (Kodungallur). Later, they again changed their base to Cochin in the early 15th century, thus naming their state as Perumpadappu Swaroopam. There is a Famous Mosque Perumbadappu Puthanpalli where Andu Nercha attracts thousands of pilgrims. The Nercha culminates in food distribution (neichor (ghee rice)) to all the People.