CHANGARAMKULAM Police Station
The Changaramkulam Police Station functioning with effect from 25.11.1972. as per the order NO: G.O (RT) NO: 1651/72/HOME , Dated Trivandrum 2.11.1972. Changaramkulam Police Station comprises Alamkode, Nannammukku Villages and parts of Edappal and Vattamkulam villages and comprises the following Panchayaths of Alamkode, Nannammukku and parts of Edappal and Vattamkulam Panchayaths. Edappal and Changaramkulam are the main towns. Lot of temples including Mookuthala Kannenkavu Bagavathi temple and Sukapuram Kulangara bagavathi temple lies in police station limit. Police station sharing boarders with Thrissur And Plakkad Districts. Edappal Hospitals PVT limited, famous for infertility treatment, situated at Edappal in police station limit. The Police Station functioning in Building No C5-382 situated in Survey No: 254/4/1A/2B of Alamkode Village known as Changaramkulam Police Station with effect from 25.11.1982.
Changaramkulam Police Station shifted to the newly constructed Govt building bearing No A.P.IV/587 A on 05.10.1986. The building inaugurated by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Kerala Sri.K.Karunakaran on 05.10.1986. Now the station building is functioning in the new building. 8 Km long State Highway 69 passing thruogh the police station limit. The Police station is situtated 100 metre east from the above high way.New police station building is wide over a range of 3250 square feet . Many malayalam writers like Sri.Alamkode Leelakrishnan, Sri.PP Ramachandran are living in this jurisdiction .The famous Navarathri Festival is celebrating every year in Sri Dakshina Moorthy Temple Edappal, many of the Karnatic musicians Participating in that festival.Sub Inspector Sri KP Parameswaran Menon was the first station head for the period 25.11.1972 to 5.5.1974. The police station started with one Sub Inspector , two head constables and ten police constables .